• Wondering what career would suit your child?
• Struggling to help your child choose their preferred subjects?
• Finding it hard to find out what different careers require?
• Looking for inspiring success stories to motivate your children?
Everyday Heroes: Learning from the Careers of Successful Black Professionals is an inspiring collection of easy-to-read interviews with people from our communities who have achieved success in their own areas of activity and who inspire us to do better.
Careers Exercises and Projects
Everyday Heroes comes complete with projects and exercises to help your children think about their own career aspirations and to explore their own skills and aptitudes.
The exercises will help them to answer tough questions, such as:
• What should I be planning for my future career?
• How do I know what I am good at?
• What should I do now?
Everyday Heroes is an invaluable tool for parents and guardians of young people from ethnic minorities.
The stories of these sixteen achievers will provide education, offer inspiration and promote aspiration for young readers everywhere.
• What does it take to be a successful architect, lawyer, actuary, composer or inventor?
• What was the best advice ever given to one of the UK’s leading black medical consultants?
• How do you know where your skills lie and which career to choose?
Everyday Heroes showcases role models who offer invaluable learning, not only about what it takes to succeed in their chosen careers, but also about their own journey, their influences, and the life lessons they have learned along the way.